The Patient Participation Group (PPG) is an essential and valued part of all our practices and helps us to understand what the patient experience is really like.
Our Patient Group is open to new members.
The role of the patient group is to:
- Be a critical friend to the practice
- Advise the practice on the patient perspective and provide insight into the responsiveness and quality of services
- Encourage patients to take greater responsibility for their own and their family’s health
- Carry out research into the views of those who use the service
- Organise health promotion events and improve health literacy
- Provide regular communication with the patient population
(Source: The Patients Association).
The agenda, minutes and activity presentation for our recent meetings are available under 'Meeting Minutes' (please see the section on the right of this page).
The Patient Group works best when it reflects the whole practice population – we would particularly be interested to welcome younger patients or those with recent experience of the practice.